Returns and Warranty Questions
Returns & Warranty Questions
We do our best to provide you with excellent customer service. Please see below for answers to your online or in-store return & warranty questions.
If you have another question that is not on this list, please leave us an offline message or send us an email through our Contact Us form.
For any questions that are not related to Returns & Warranties, please jump to the bottom of our page to see all questions and topics.
Returns & Exchanges
Returns & Exchanges
NVIDIA 30-Series GPUsNO RETURNS. Normal return policy does not apply. Any cards that prove to be defective within 30 days of purchase will be replaced with same model. We are not allowing returns in the hopes of preventing scalpers and resellers from purchasing these cards and returning them for cash if they could not make a profit.
14-Day Return Policy
Products can be returned within 14 days of the purchase date. If a product has been shipped to your address, the return period is 14 days from the date you received the product (according to the carrier's tracking system).
- Original receipt required and serial #'s must match.
- We reserve the right to refuse a return or charge a restocking fee if the returned product is not in original condition, unsealed, and/or missing any of the original contents (Retail package, manual, accessories, etc).
- Some products have an automatic 15% restocking fee when opened or purchased (refer to list below for details).
- We are not responsible for any compatibility issues.
- RMA number or approval code is required for all returns via shipment.
We realize that our 14-day return policy is more restrictive than some stores. However, we would like to make clear that this policy is not in place in order to "be mean" to our customers. By instituting a tight return policy, we are able to cut down on costs and are thus able to offer our customers lower prices.
Some superstores have very liberal 30-day "No Questions Asked" return policies. While it is nice to have such a long window for making returns, this adds greatly to their cost of doing business and thus you'll notice that such stores charge higher prices on most items. Not only does a liberal return policy make their prices higher, it also makes it harder for a consumer to get a product that hasn't already been returned. Anyone who has ever been to a certain "super" store and seen piles of products bearing "returned" stickers should understand the frustrations that result from a liberal return policy.
30-Day Defective Exchange Policy
- If an item is defective, we will exchange it for the same item within 30 days.
- If the item is out of stock, we reserve the right to replace it with an item of comparable value, or to wait for the original item to be delivered to us
- For credit or debit card purchases, we will refund back to the same card only.
- For check purchases, we will mail a check refund within 10 business days.
The following products cannot be returned:
- Motherboards with bent pins can not be returned or exchanged.
- Opened custom water cooling products (including EKWB).
- Opened software.
- Opened consumables (ink & toner, media (CD,DVD), batteries, 3D Printer filament).
- Opened printers, if the cartridge seal has been opened.
- Opened UPS battery/backup products.
- Special Order / Custom-Built items.
- Products that are damaged or missing packaging contents.
- Labor & shipping charges.
To reach the Returns Department, use our Return Request Form
We do not offer price protection.
Custom PC Warranty
- 30 day defective exchange on parts.
- 1 year labor warranty if related to hardware issue.
- 1 year warranty/RMA service on hardware issues.
The Central Computers standard warranty for PC systems is a one-year limited warranty on parts and labor. This warranty covers defects in the OS installation and/or hardware. For replacement of defective hardware, we must go through an RMA process in which we wait for the manufacturer to send us a replacement unit in order to replace the defective unit. We offer extended warranty options which provide for more immediate replacement of defective parts. We will provide labor to replace any defective hardware or to reinstall a defective operating system. If you purchased the system in one of our retail stores, you must deliver the system to our store for service. If you purchased the system and had it shipped to you, we will pay for shipping back to our store within the first 30 days only.
OEM CPU's from Intel and AMD have one (1) year warranty. Warranty claims must be initiated through Central Computers and we will obtain a replacement unit from the manufacturer.
Commencement of work for repair requires a $29 non-refundable deposit. This deposit amount goes towards final cost of repair. LCD, battery, and motherboard replacements and some special order parts do not qualify for the flat rate. If the problem requires a new motherboard or LCD screen, we will notify you with a quote, at which time you may approve or decline the repair.
3 Months Warranty
Our repair warranty covers two situations:
- If the same problem that you (a customer) brought the computer in for appears and the components we replaced caused it, both components and labor are free.
- If the same problem that you (a customer) brought the computer in for appears, but was not caused by the components we replaced, we will cover the labor but you will need to pay for the parts.
For other problems, customers will need to pay for both parts and labor.
*For "liquid spill" damages, even repairable, we provide a 1-week warranty.
- Any software issues such as OS compatibility, viruses, and software performance.
- Problems caused by hardware or software that was not installed by us.
- Problems caused by user error.
- Data loss or recovery. In the event of a Windows OS defect, we will restore the system back to the original OS. Customers are responsible for maintaining backups of data and software.
- Internet connectivity issues. Such services are provided by the ISP and not by Central Computers. This includes all types of ISP services, such as dial-up, DSL, and cable services.
- Peripherals or external accessories such as monitors, keyboards, and speakers.
Pre-configured (non-custom) systems are returnable within 14 days of the original purchase date. Original receipts must accompany any returns. Products must be in original boxes with original accessories, packaging, manuals, and registration cards. Please do not discard any system packaging or materials, and do not make any markings on any manuals or registration cards until you are sure you will not return the system.
- Custom-built systems may not be returned for refund.
- A 15% restocking fee applies to all returns.
- Service/Installation and Delivery/Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Without Express Replacement Plan coverage, any defective hardware will be repaired under the manufacturer's warranty. Manufacturer repair processes may take approximately six weeks to be completed.
- Additional warranties, such as Express Replacement and Extended Warranty are also available. Please ask your salesperson for more information.
An automatic 15% restocking fee applies to the following products if they have been opened or used:
- Computer systems (PCs, laptops, tablets).
- Hard drives and SSD's.
- Video Cards.
- Opened headphones and earbuds.
Products that are not specifically named in the above list may require a 15% restocking fee if the item is not returned in Like New condition. We reserve the right to refuse a return or charge a restocking fee if the returned product is not in original, Like New condition, unsealed, has visible wear, and/or missing any of the original contents (retail package, manual, accessories, etc).
Holiday Return Policy
- During the Holiday Season, we extend our returns period in order to make it easier for people to return gifts. For more details, please see our standard return policy.
- Any purchase made after Thanksgiving Day can be returned up to December 31st. If the return is made with an original store receipt, a refund can be made. Without a receipt, only store credit can be given after we verified the serial number.
- Please also be aware that there is no price protection on items. Thus, if prices go down on a product, refunds or credits will be made based upon the lower price. For opened package items, restocking fee may apply.
- Also, exclusions that normally apply to some items (i.e., complete systems, printers that have been used, etc.) still apply during the Holiday Season. In addition, CPUs and monitors whose packaging has been opened are not returnable.
- If purchasing a gift for someone else, please ask for Gift Receipt (one per gift).
Instructions for shipping products to us:
(If any of the below conditions are not met, return will be refused and voided.)
- Package the product(s) in a heavy-duty cardboard box large enough so that the the sides of the product(s) are not touching it.
- Use sponges, bubble-wrap, styrofoam, etc. generously. Over-packing is much better than under-packing.
- Use static bags for static-sensitive products (i.e., add-on cards, motherboards, memory, etc.). As a rule of thumb, if the product was sold with a static bag, it should be returned in a static bag.
- It is best to use a postal carrier who is capable of tracking shipments--UPS and FedEx, for example. Do not use the U.S. Postal Service unless there they can provide a guaranteed means of tracking a shipment. Otherwise, if they lose the shipment, it could take months to resolve the issue, if at all.
- Please include a copy of the Return form, and/or a product description and description of the problem along with a return address and phone number. Essentially, if we don't get all this information, we won't have any idea as to what is going on with what you're shipping us.
- Use a large marker to write the RMA number on the outside of the box in a place that will make it easy to see. This will greatly expedite service on the product.
If returning a product for credit or a refund:
- The product must be returned with everything that it came with: manuals, cables, software and other accessories. The box must be undamaged, which also means that you should not have made any marks, notes, or other writings on the box, manuals, registration cards, etc.
- Any product returned with missing accessories, damaged packaging, defaced manuals, etc., will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
The following Manufacturers would like to handle ALL of the repairs & exchanges directly with the end-users, please contact them if RMA is needed:
|Microsoft (Retail Box)||800-227-6197 x 299|