Pickup and Shipping
Pickup and Shipping
These are our pick-up and shipping methods for centralcomputers.com. Due to COVID-19, we have updated a few of our processes to make the pickup and shipping options safer for our customers and staff members.
For all methods: We are taking extra safety precautions to make sure we minimize contact with items as much as possible. For store pick-up, we will provide liquid hand sanitizer at our card reader table and frequently disinfect the card machine to ensure the safety of everyone.
Curbside pick-up is a contactless pick-up option where our staff will prepare your online order and bring it out to you when you park in our parking lot. As of May 22, 2020, all five stores are offering Curbside Pickup as an option.
- Place an online order and select "Curbside Pickup" for one of our five stores (San Francisco, San Mateo, East Bay (Newark), Sunnyvale, or Santa Clara).
- Once an order has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing "Order Confirmation". This confirms that we have received your online order, but your order is not ready for pickup yet.
- When your purchase is ready for pickup, you will receive a second email containing "Order Pickup/Ship". It will contain information you need to contact the store when you arrive. When you come to pickup, please bring:
- A government-issued photo ID or Driver's License
- The credit card used to place your order
- If you placed a Corporate Orders, the order can be picked up by a properly identified company employee
- When you arrive at the store parking lot, please call the store.
Store pick-up is a pick-up option where you can go to our stores and make your purchase at the door using a credit or debit card (the stores are currently not accepting cash). We are not allowing customers to browse our stores right now. As of May 22, 2020, all stores EXCEPT for San Francisco are offering store pick-up.
- Check our website for inventory on desired item(s). See below for instructions on how to check local inventory (updated once per day).
- Visit one of your local Central Computers stores.
- Walk up to the door and request the desired items you wish to pick-up.
- A Central Computer employee will gather your items and present them to you at the door.
- Pay at the door with a credit card or debit card.
Special Order (Out of Stock)
- • These items are not immediately available for pickup at our stores but which we can ship these products to our stores for free store pick-up. Items usually arrive at the store within 2 to 7 business days.
- • If you place an order for a Special Order (Out of Stock) item and we can't find that product, we will send you a follow-up email to provide you with an alternative product or you can cancel your order.
- • If the Add-toCart button is not available, that means the item is temporarily not available for special order.
- • We deliver to business and home addresses by standard shipping options of Fedex, UPS, or USPS.
- • No international shipping.
How long does my order take to process?
Due to Shelter in Place, we currently have a smaller staff at all of our stores and an increased number of online orders. Online Orders can take a 3-8 hours to process. If you would like a status update, please Livechat or call your store.
When do I receive a pick-up notification email?
Once a store has finished packing up your items, you will receive an email titled "Order Pickup/Ship". That is when you will be able to pick up your items from the store.
Can I drive to the store once I place my order?
No. When you place an order, you receive an order confirmation email with the title "Thanks for your order, but it's not ready yet" at the time of order. This means we have received your order. After we finish packing up your order, you will receive a second email titled "Your Order is ready for Shipment/Pickup". At that time, you can drive to the store to pick-up your order.
I didn't receive a second email yet.
Our stores are extremely short-staffed right now and, due to an increase of online orders, our staff is moving as quickly as they can to prepare orders for pickup. We hope for your patience during this time as we pivot towards contactless curbside pickup.
What if an item isn't at my store?
- • If an item is at another store, our staff will transfer items between stores and your order should be ready for pickup within two business days.
- • If the item is not in stock, our staff will send you a follow-up email letting you know and offer an alternative product. You also have the option to cancel your order.
- • If an item is marked "Special Order (Out of Stock)", that means this is a special order product and it will usually take 2-7 business days to ship to our store for a free online pickup.
How can I check my Order Status?
If you have an account on our website, go to My Account, My Orders, and you can see your Order Status. If you would like more details, ask a Livechat agent or call the store associated with your order.
Can you cancel my order?
Yes! You can respond to your order confirmation email and ask the weborder team to cancel your email, ask a Livechat agent, or call the store. Once your order has been successfully cancelled, you will receive an email notification.
Can I add products to my order?
Yes! You can add products by either picking up an additional product after you arrive at the store (via Store Pick-up) or reply to your Order Confirmation email and the team handling your order can help.
How do I check the quantity of an item?
When you see a product on our website, there is a blue checkmark in a circle next to the words "In Store (view)" and, if you hover over view, you can see the quantity of that product and which store(s) it is located at.