Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Online Order Sales Tax
Tax rate disclaimer:
- Central Computers charges California statewide sales tax for online orders with a shipping address within California. Your State, County, or City may require you to pay an additional sales or use tax. Please consult the Board of Equalization for your State, County, City, and/or District for rates and instructions.
California residents are charged sales tax as follows:
- Santa Clara county: 9.00%
- City of Campbell and San Jose: 9.25%
- California residents outside of Santa Clara county: 7.25%
In-store Pickup despite billing and shipping address:
- Santa Clara: 9.00%
- Sunnyvale: 9.00%
- East Bay: 9.75%
- San Mateo: 9.00%
- San Francisco: 8.50%
14 Day Returns
- Products can be returned within 14 days of the purchase date.
- Original receipt required and serial #'s must match.
- We reserve the right to refuse a return or charge a restocking fee if the returned product is not in original condition, unsealed, and/or missing any of the original contents (Retail package, manual, accessories, etc).
- Some products have an automatic 15% restocking fee when opened or purchased (refer to list below for details).
- We are not responsible for any compatibility issues.
- RMA number or approval code is required for all returns via shipment.
30 Day Defective Exchange
- If an item is defective, we will exchange it for the same item within 30 days.
- If the item is out of stock, we reserve the right to replace it with an item of comparable value, or to wait for the original item to be delivered to us.
90 Day Warranty/RMA Service
- We will assist you in claiming the manufacturer's warranty service within 90 days of the purchase date. After 90 days, you must contact the manufacturer on your own.
- Products will be repaired under manufacturer's terms & conditions and we are not responsible for their terms.
- Manufacturer warranty service typically takes 2-5 weeks, although we cannot provide guarantees on time.
- RMA number is required for All RMA Services.
Motherboard Bent Pin Policy
- Motherboards with bent pins can not be returned or exchanged.
Warranty for Custom Built PC's
- 30 day defective exchange on parts.
- 1 year labor warranty if related to hardware issue.
- 1 year warranty/RMA service on hardware issues.
No Returns on
- Opened software.
- Opened consumables (ink & toner, media (CD,DVD), batteries).
- Opened printers, if the cartridge seal has been opened.
- Opened UPS battery/backup products.
- Special Order / Custom-Built items.
- Products that are damaged or missing packaging contents.
- Labor & shipping charges.
15% Restocking Fee if Opened or Used
- Computer systems (PCs, laptops, tablets).
- Hard drives and SSD's.
- Video Cards.
- Opened headphones and earbuds.
Refund Payment Method
- For credit or debit card purchases, we will refund back to the same card only.
- For check purchases, we will mail a check refund within 10 business days.
Computer Repair Warranty
- Central is not responsible for loss of data and software on your computer or device. Customers are responsible for backing up their data.
- 30 day repair warranty of hardware defects in labor workmanship. Does not apply to virus/spyware removal or other software based repairs.
- Any discrepancies in shipment must be reported within 3 days of delivery.
- $20.00 charge for each returned check, 1.5% monthly financial charge for past due invoice.
Instructions for shipping products back to us for RMA Service(If any of the below conditions are not met, RMA will be refused and voided.)
- Package the product(s) in a heavy-duty cardboard box large enough so that the the sides of the product(s) are not touching it.
- Use sponges, bubble-wrap, styrofoam, etc. generously. Over-packing is much better than under-packing.
- Use static bags for static-sensitive products (i.e., add-on cards, motherboards, memory, etc.). As a rule of thumb, if the product was sold with a static bag, it should be returned in a static bag.
- It is best to use a postal carrier who is capable of tracking shipments--UPS and FedEx, for example. Do not use the U.S. Postal Service unless there they can provide a guaranteed means of tracking a shipment. Otherwise, if they lose the shipment, it could take months to resolve the issue, if at all.
- Please include a copy of the RMA form, and/or a product description and description of the problem along with a return address and phone number. Essentially, if we don't get all this information, we won't have any idea as to what is going on with what you're shipping us.
- Use a large marker to write the RMA number on the outside of the box in a place that will make it easy to see. This will greatly expedite service on the product.
If returning a product for credit or a refund:
- The product must be returned with everything that it came with: manuals, cables, software and other accessories. The box must be undamaged, which also means that you should not have made any marks, notes, or other writings on the box, manuals, registration cards, etc.
- Any product returned with missing accessories, damaged packaging, defaced manuals, etc., will be subject to a 15% restocking fee.
An Explanation of Our Return Policy
- We realize that our 14-day return policy is more restrictive than some stores. However, we would like to make clear that this policy is not in place in order to "be mean" to our customers. By instituting a tight return policy, we are able to cut down on costs and are thus able to offer our customers lower prices.
- Some superstores have very liberal 30-day "No Questions Asked" return policies. While it is nice to have such a long window for making returns, this adds greatly to their cost of doing business and thus you'll notice that such stores charge higher prices on most items. Not only does a liberal return policy make their prices higher, it also makes it harder for a consumer to get a product that hasn't already been returned. Anyone who has ever been to a certain "super" store and seen piles of products bearing "returned" stickers should understand the frustrations that result from a liberal return policy.
- The risk of loss and title for Gift Cards pass to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission of the Gift Card to the purchaser or designated recipient, or our delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable. We are not responsible if any Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.
- We will have the right to close customer accounts and bill alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on centralcomputers.com or any of its affiliated websites.
Online-Only Gift Codes
- Online-Only Gift Codes distributed by Central Computers contain may contain a default 3-year expiration date starting from the exact moment the code is sent to customers via Central Computer’s Online WebOrder Team
- Gift Codes cannot be redeemable for anything other than merchandise on Central Computer’s website
- Gift Codes distributed to Customers will most likely be in the form of an e-mail, which discloses the code itself along with an expiration date for that code
- Gift Codes do not contain fees for service, dormancy, or inactivity
- Although not required, Gift Codes do have an underlying balance that can be used until the pre-set valued amount becomes fully depleted
- Online-Only Gift Codes are strictly promotional, and will be distributed following the stipulations set in place displayed on the promotional page or item
- Stipulations per promotional may cause Gift Codes to have varying expirations date and balance changes, as long as it is clearly stated
- The value of the Gift Code will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or destroyed without your permission.
- We reserve the right to revoke the Gift Code value if we suspect it was granted under fraudulent means
- Online-Only Gift Codes are not the same as Online-Only or in-store Gift Cards, and do not have to comply with regulations set in place by the Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA) (Section 401) (comment 20(a)(4)-1)
15% Restocking Fee if Purchased
Items purchased via website promotional
No Price Protection
Pricing Errors/Typos on Website
Our goal is to always maintain accurate information on our website, however it is impossible to completely eliminate all errors. Occasionally, our suppliers provide incorrect pricing information, which results in our website displaying an incorrect price. Thus, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product(s) listed at the incorrect price, whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card has been charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, CentralComputers.com shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
Holiday Season Return Policy
- During the Holiday Season, we extend our returns period in order to make it easier for people to return gifts. For more details, please see our standard return policy.
- Any purchase made after Thanksgiving Day can be returned up to December 31st. If the return is made with an original store receipt, a refund can be made. Without a receipt, only store credit can be given after we verified the serial number.
- Please also be aware that there is no price protection on items. Thus, if prices go down on a product, refunds or credits will be made based upon the lower price. For opened package items, restocking fee may apply.
- Also, exclusions that normally apply to some items (i.e., complete systems, printers that have been used, etc.) still apply during the Holiday Season. In addition, CPUs and monitors whose packaging has been opened are not returnable.
- If purchasing a gift for someone else, please ask for Gift Receipt (one per gift).
Terms and Conditions for New Central PC Systems
The Central Computers standard warranty for PC systems is a one-year limited warranty on parts and labor. This warranty covers defects in the OS installation and/or hardware. For replacement of defective hardware, we must go through an RMA process in which we wait for the manufacturer to send us a replacement unit in order to replace the defective unit. We offer extended warranty options which provide for more immediate replacement of defective parts. We will provide labor to replace any defective hardware or to reinstall a defective operating system. If you purchased the system in one of our retail stores, you must deliver the system to our store for service. If you purchased the system and had it shipped to you, we will pay for shipping back to our store within the first 30 days only.
- Any software issues such as OS compatibility, viruses, and software performance.
- Problems caused by hardware or software that was not installed by us.
- Problems caused by user error.
- Data loss or recovery. In the event of a Windows OS defect, we will restore the system back to the original OS. Customers are responsible for maintaining backups of data and software.
- Internet connectivity issues. Such services are provided by the ISP and not by Central Computers. This includes all types of ISP services, such as dial-up, DSL, and cable services.
- Peripherals or external accessories such as monitors, keyboards, and speakers.
Pre-configured (non-custom) systems are returnable within 14 days of the original purchase date. Original receipts must accompany any returns. Products must be in original boxes with original accessories, packaging, manuals, and registration cards. Please do not discard any system packaging or materials, and do not make any markings on any manuals or registration cards until you are sure you will not return the system.
- Custom-built systems may not be returned for refund.
- A 15% restocking fee applies to all returns.
- Service/Installation and Delivery/Shipping charges are non-refundable.
- Without Express Replacement Plan coverage, any defective hardware will be repaired under the manufacturer's warranty. Manufacturer repair processes may take approximately six weeks to be completed.
- Additional warranties, such as Express Replacement and Extended Warranty are also available. Please ask your salesperson for more information.
Important Note to Central Customers:
The following Manufacturers would like to handle ALL of the repairs & exchanges directly with the end-users, please contact them if RMA is needed:
|Microsoft (Retail Box)||800-227-6197 x 299|