Store Service Questions
For the most updated COVID-19 information, please visit the COVID-19 landing page.
Store Service Questions
We do our best to provide you with excellent customer service. Please see below for answers to your order, pickup, shipping, returns, account, and more. For any questions that are not related to Store Service, please jump to the bottom of our page to see all questions and topics.
Tax rate disclaimer:
- Central Computers charges California statewide sales tax for online orders with a shipping address within California. Your State, County, or City may require you to pay an additional sales or use tax. Please consult the Board of Equalization for your State, County, City, and/or District for rates and instructions.
California residents are charged sales tax as follows:
- Santa Clara county: 9.00%
- City of Campbell and San Jose: 9.25%
- California residents outside of Santa Clara county: 7.25%
In-store Pickup despite billing and shipping address:
- Santa Clara: 9.00%
- Sunnyvale: 9.00%
- East Bay: 9.75%
- San Mateo: 9.00%
- San Francisco: 8.50%
Gift cards are only able to be used in stores at this time.
The risk of loss and title for Gift Cards pass to the purchaser upon our electronic transmission of the Gift Card to the purchaser or designated recipient, or our delivery to the carrier, whichever is applicable. We are not responsible if any Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission.
We will have the right to close customer accounts and bill alternative forms of payment if a fraudulently obtained Gift Card is redeemed and/or used to make purchases on centralcomputers.com or any of its affiliated websites.
Curbside Pick-up Process
We are taking extra safety precautions to make sure we minimize contact with items as much as possible. For pick-ups, we will provide liquid hand sanitizer at our card reader table and frequently disinfect the card machine to ensure the safety of everyone.
- Place an online order and select "Curbside Pickup" for one of our five stores (San Francisco, San Mateo, East Bay (Newark), Sunnyvale, or Santa Clara).
- Once an order has been confirmed, you will receive an email containing "Order Confirmation". This confirms that we have received your online order, but your order is not ready for pickup yet.
- When your purchase is ready for pickup, you will receive a second email containing "Order Pickup/Ship". It will contain information you need to contact the store when you arrive.
When you come to pickup, please bring:
• A government-issued photo ID or Driver's License
• The credit card used to place your order
• Corporate Orders can be picked up by a properly identified company employee
- When you arrive at the store parking lot, please call the store or LiveChat the store representative.
We are taking extra safety precautions to make sure we minimize contact with items as much as possible. For store pick-up, we will provide liquid hand sanitizer at our card reader table and frequently disinfect the card machine to ensure the safety of everyone.
Five store locations to serve you: Santa Clara, San Francisco, East Bay, Sunnyvale, San Mateo
What to bring when picking up at our stores:
a) A government-issued photo ID or Driver's License.
b) The credit card used to place your order.
c) Corporate orders can be picked up by properly identified company employees.
Contact the store you're interested in picking up the product from and the staff will help you place your special order (our staff can also make recommendations based on your needs).
Check Item Inventory
Our online inventory updates once per day at midnight. Our inventory does not update in real-time. For real-time inventory, please contact your store location through the Store Locations page or LiveChat.
This is how to check what items are currently in stock and at which stores. When you see a product on our website, there is a blue checkmark in a circle next to the words "In Store (view)" and, if you hover over view, you can see the quantity of that product and which store(s) it is located at.