NVIDIA RTX 30 Series Information
NVIDIA RTX 30 Series Information
The launch of the Nvidia RTX 30-Series video cards has been like nothing we’ve seen in our 35 years in the business. We have never seen so much demand for so little supply.
You can sign up for notifications through our email alert list. These email notifications are sent out in batches and are NOT real-time. You can sign up for email notifications by visiting this link.
Twitter Alerts (@AlertsByCentral)
The most updated information will be available on our new Twitter account @alertsbycentral. This information will be real-time updates. We created this Twitter account specifically for hot item drops.
We have embedded our Twitter Timeline on this page. If you have a Twitter account, you can get post notifications. Show Instructions.
1. Find the account that you want to receive notifications for. You can do this by searching our username @alertsbycentral or clicking the link.
2. To the right of our account's name and icon, you'll see the word "Follow." Click it.
3. Once you click Follow, an icon of a bell will appear next to it. Click that as well, and if you're on mobile, select "All Tweets" in the menu that appears.
RTX 30-Series Updates
Closing the Waitlists to New Sign-ups
We stopped accepting new sign-ups to the waitlists at 7:00pm on 12/21/20.
Everyone who is already on a waitlist: don’t worry! You will still keep your place in line. We are just not going to accept new sign-ups until further notice.
We are doing this because we’ve gotten so many sign-ups, and the lists are so long that wait times will be very long for anyone who adds themselves now, and onward. For the RTX 30-Series waitlists, there are now 500 entries for bundles/systems, and 800 for standalone purchases. Cutting off any new entries will reduce the time and resources to manage the list and allow us to focus on managing the lists better for the benefit of those already on the list.
We have a set of FAQ’s below to share more details. Please click the button or this link to go directly to the FAQ’s.
Ways to Purchase
These conditions have been crafted to try to channel these cards fairly to our local customers for their use, and discourage sales to scalpers who buy to resell for profit.
- · We are generally only selling for in store pickup in order to best serve our local clients until the shortage subsides.
- · Our current prices are higher than MSRP because we are paying higher prices in order to secure supply. We do not buy from scalpers, and we are not charging scalping prices. We are generally charging our normal approximate 10% markup that we normally do. If we didn't pay these prices, we would not be able to get many cards, so we decided it is better to be able to provide more cards if possible.
- · The waitlists are almost a guarantee that you will get a card, however we can't guarantee the time frame it will take.
#1 - First Come, First Serve Sales (In-Stores)
We offer limited amounts of the RTX 30 cards on the shelves for First Come, First Serve sales. Most of these cards will have bundle requirements. These announcements will go to the Email Alert List and our new Twitter account @alertsbycentral (Twitter timeline embedded on right of this page).
- · There is a limit of one per customer.
- · These cards will arrive at one location and then be transferred to the other stores. When we send out emails and communications, we will list when cards will be arriving.
- · You can order online or in-store pickup ONLY, no shipping available. Any cards that are purchased Online for In-store Pickup must be picked up within 5 business days of purchase. If the card is not picked up, the purchase will be voided and refunded and the GPU will be available to be sold to another customer
- · Most cards will have bundle requirements:
- · You must buy additional system components from this list (CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Windows OS, SSD/HDD, Cooler, Case, PSU) to qualify.
- · If you have purchased parts from the above categories from Central Computers in the last two months, those parts can count towards this bundle. You will need to provide proof of purchase when you come in.
- · Duplicate parts (such as 5 SSDs) would not count towards this bundle.
- · System components can be exchanged if defective or if a compatibility issue pops up. But systems and individual components may not be returned for refund.
The waitlist is close as of 12/21/2020. If you are signed up on the waitlist, visit the link below to check your place through the last four digits of your phone number.
Click here to see waitlist
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How is the tariff affecting the products?
An end to exceptions from Trump’s tariffs on certain computer products expired at end of 2020 and costs on these products are going up. As our costs go up, we must increase our prices, which we began last week. As much as we can, we try to minimize the price increases and reduce our profits to cover the increased costs. We have not raised our GPU prices to reflect the full tariff increase.
We wish we didn’t have to adjust our prices in response, as we always strive to offer the best value to our customers. It is not known when, or if, these exemptions might be renewed, or tariff increases rolled back entirely. Most analysts predict that any adjustment will not be made at least until the new administration is in place.
Questions about Bundle Purchases
Why are you asking us to bundle items?
This is probably the most common question we're asked. There is an extremely high demand and low supply right now, especially for the RTX 3080 cards. We are trying to be as fair as possible given our circumstances. Here's a more detailed explanation:
- · Our current prices are higher than MSRP because we are paying higher prices in order to secure supply. If we didn't pay these prices, we would not be able to get many cards, so we decided it is better to be able to provide more cards if possible.
- · We do not buy from scalpers, and we are not charging scalping prices. We are generally charging our normal approximate 10% markup that we normally do.
- · We are also buying bundles in order to secure stock. This is the main reason why our costs are so high right now. As an example, in order to secure stock from some suppliers for EVGA RTX 30 GPUs, we also have to purchase a certain amount of EVGA Power Supplies.
What items qualify for the bundles?
You must buy additional system components from this list (CPU, Motherboard, RAM, Windows OS, SSD/HDD, Cooler, Case, PSU) to qualify.
What if I bought those components recently from Central Computers?
If you have purchased parts from the above categories from Central Computers in the last two months, those parts can count towards this bundle. You will need to provide proof of purchase when you come in.
What are the bundles?
You must buy additional system components from this list. The bundle requirements are different for each chipset. Please see the table below.
|Chipset||Bundle Item Requirement|
|RTX 3060 Ti||No Bundle (as of 1/6/21)|
|RTX 3070||No Bundle (as of 12/22/20)|
|RTX 3080||4 additional products|
|RTX 3090||No Bundle (as of 12/22/20)|
Questions about Closing the Waitlist to new sign-ups
Why are you closing the list?
We have around 500 customers for bundle/system builds and 800 customers on the standalone purchase list. Temporarily closing the list will allow us to fulfill current waitlist customer requests in a fast and efficient manner. Our staff is getting overwhelmed with calls, emails, and maintaining the list is becoming difficult.
What happens to those currently on the waitlist?
Anyone who is already on our waitlist will keep their place in line. We are not taking any new sign-ups to the list.
Does this mean Central Computers won’t be doing any waitlists anymore?
Not necessarily. We are temporarily closing the list until we have fulfilled most of the customers on those lists. We may reopen the waitlist or decide to start selling all cards in a First Come, First Serve manner (if the cards are no longer in shortage).
What happens if I decide I want to leave the waitlist?
You can leave the waitlist at any time. However, if you decide you want to join the waitlist again, you will not be able to join back after you leave. If you wish to leave the waitlist, please email us at [email protected]
How do I check my place in line?
Please email [email protected] or view this page to see the Central Computer RTX 30 Waitlist (View Only). Search by your store and the last four digits of your phone number. Currently, only the Standalone list is available to view.
Will you still be offering First Come, First Serve (FCFS) sales?
We do put about 10% of the shipments we receive out for FCFS sales. Sign up for our Product Alerts through Email Alert List or our new Twitter account @alertsbycentral to be updated about product drops. If we have additional stock of cards that do not have anyone waiting for them, we may also offer those for FCFS sales.
When will stock arrive?
We aren’t sure. It’s not a good answer, but we can’t give a definite answer right now because of the shortages.
Based on our recent experience, the ASUS cards are very difficult to get stock of (particularly TUF gaming and ROG STRIX). We've been receiving Zotac and EVGA on a more consistent basis. PNY, MSI, and Gigabyte have been random and not easy to get. If you would like to preview information on each of the GPUs, please see this link: Preview RTX 30 Series (information on this page does not update in real-time).
Return Policy & Ordering RTX 30 cards
Can I return a 30-series video card?
Normal return policy does not apply. Any cards that prove to be defective within 30 days of purchase will be replaced with same model. However, we are NOT allowing returns in the hopes of preventing scalpers and resellers from purchasing these cards and returning them for cash if they could not make a profit.
What if I want a different brand that's not available? Can I special order it?
If you're looking for a very special card or one that seems to be out of stock, you can waitlist specifically for that model by going in store to sign up for the waitlist but we cannot guarantee how long it will take for us to find this card. For the same reason, we are not accepting special orders of any 30-series GPUs because we aren't able to guarantee time estimates.
When are you getting the 3070/3080/3090 video cards?
Each model has a different level of demand. We can't guarantee exact times or specific models for these cards because we're purchasing and receiving them in small batches. The table above shows what the estimated time for cards through the system bundle waitlist and individual card waitlists.
How much will the 3070/3080/3090 be?
The prices vary depending on different models. Our current prices are higher than MSRP because we are paying higher prices in order to secure supply. We do not buy from scalpers, and we are not charging scalping prices. We are generally charging our normal approximate 10% markup that we normally do. If we didn't pay these prices, we would not be able to get many cards, so we decided it is better to be able to provide more cards if possible.
How many 3070/3080/3090 cards will I be able to buy?
While supply of these cards is highly constricted, purchases of these cards will be limited to one per customer.
Will you be getting Nvidia Founder Edition cards?
The Founders Edition cards are going to be exclusive to Best Buy and NVIDIA for this series. So, unfortunately, we won't be able to get the NVIDIA Founders Edition cards.
Is Central Computers participating in the Nvidia video card bundles?
Yes! Any 3080 or 3090 video cards purchased between October 30, 2020 and February 11, 2021 will qualify for the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War game code. Here's the landing page: https://www.centralcomputer.com/nvidia-30-bundle-cod
Any 3060 Ti and 3070 video card purchased on October 30, 2020 to December 31, 2020 will receive a 1 year GeForce NOW Founders Membership code with purchase.
Can I order a 3070/3080/3090 to be shipped to me?
We want to serve all of our customers but, because the stock is extremely limited, we will be serving our local Bay Area customers first. We will not be shipping any of these cards until stock is much less constricted. This is the same reason we are not listing these cards online.