EVGA Step-Up Program
Step-Up to an EVGA RTX 30 Series Graphics Card
We know that the video card shortage has been affecting many of our customers who are looking to build custom computers right now. The RTX 30 series is very short and it's been difficult for us to get stock. If you need to get your gaming computer built right away, this option is a great option for you. Central Computers is an authorized EVGA Reseller. Most information below is paraphrased from EVGA's Official Program Details.
What can I step up to?
You can Step-Up to these EVGA graphics cards (list from the EVGA.com Step-Up landing page)
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 24G-P5-3987-KR, 24GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate (24G-P5-3987-KR) (PDF)
- EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING, 10G-P5-3897-KR, 10GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate (10G-P5-3897-KR) (PDF)
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC ULTRA, OVERCLOCKED, 2.75 Slot Extreme Cool Dual, 70C Gaming, RGB, Metal Backplate, 08G-P4-3173-KR, 8GB GDDR6 (08G-P4-3173-KR) (PDF)
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2060 KO ULTRA GAMING, 06G-P4-2068-KR, 6GB GDDR6, Dual Fans, Metal Backplate (06G-P4-2068-KR) (PDF)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 BLACK GAMING, 06G-P4-1160-KR, 6GB GDDR5, Single Fan (06G-P4-1160-KR) (PDF)
- EVGA GeForce GTX 1650 SC ULTRA GDDR6 GAMING, 04G-P4-1257-KR, 4GB GDDR6, Dual Fan, Metal Backplate (04G-P4-1257-KR) (PDF)
What graphics cards can I step up from?
There are many graphics cards you can step up from. We could list all of the cards we have in stock, but the summary is: most 3-year limited warranty EVGA video cards purchased from a verified reseller (we count!) within the last 90 days. You must register the card within 14 days of purchase to qualify.
What counts as a 3-year limited warranty video card? Products whose model numbers end in one of the following: -A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX, -KR, -K1, -K2, -K3, -K4, -K5 -KB, -KA, -KF, -KM, -KP, -KS
Check out our EVGA video card selection online.
The EVGA Program Details
The EVGA Step-Up program helps you have the peace of mind to purchase your favorite product now, knowing you can upgrade to the latest parts that come out within the first 90 days from your purchase. With a valid part, once per purchase, you can upgrade your EVGA product by paying the difference between what you paid and the price on EVGA's website.
What products qualify for the program?
You can unlock the Step-Up option for most 3 Year Warranty products as long as it meets the conditions listed below. Once the Step-Up option is unlocked, you will have 90 days from the original purchase date for your product to start the upgrade process through the EVGA website. Once the Step-up process is started you will receive a confirmation email.
- Register your qualifying 3 Year Warranty product purchased new from an authorized reseller within 14 days of your original purchase date.
- If you should happen to miss your 14 day registration window on your qualifying 3 Year Warranty product then you may also purchase an extended warranty within 90 days of your original purchase date to enable the Step-Up option.
- Don't worry, your Extended Warranty and Advanced RMA (EAR) purchases now transfers to your new Step-Up product!
- The EVGA Step-Up program is currently only available to residents of the United States, Canada, and EU Countries.
How Does EVGA's process work?
There are several steps to the Step-Up program. Because we require that you send your original product to EVGA first, we have instituted a process that makes sure you have the least amount of downtime possible. Once you have gotten through the queue, approval and payment phases, you can send your product in to EVGA and once we receive it we will turn it around as quickly as possible. Shipping both directions will be your responsibility.
Stepping through the Step-Up
- Register your valid product within 90 days from your original purchase
- If your qualifying product has a 3 year warranty purchased on or after 3/1/2013 and registered within 14 days of the invoice date by the original owner from an authorized reseller, then you will receive the option to step-up for the first 90 days of ownership.
- If your qualifying product has a 3 year warranty purchased on or after 1/1/11 and registered after 14 days of the original purchase date you must also purchase an extended warranty in order to be qualified for the step-up program.
- Upload a copy of your invoice
- Request to start your Step-Up within 90 days of your original purchase from your product detail page
- Navigate to My Products under Member Home
- Click on View Details of the product
- If your product qualifies, you will see the option to start your Step-Up
- Wait in queue until approval - this step can last from a few days to many weeks depending on demand
- EVGA will review your request and you will be approved if you have met the terms and conditions
- During this review process, EVGA will compare the price you listed as the purchase price on your submission to the price listed on your proof of purchase. EVGA will adjust the price to match the actual purchase price, including any discounts you received with your order.
- You will have 7 days to pay for the difference between the two products, plus return shipping and applicable taxes, after you have been approved
- If you have any questions about the amount shown for purchase price or the MSRP listed for the new product, please contact EVGA Customer Service.
- You will be instructed to send your product in and you will have 14 business days to do so after your payment is verified
- When EVGA receives your product, we will return your new in box upgrade
- EVGA will automatically register your product so you will receive the full warranty on your Step-Up (as of 1/1/11)
- Any product auto-registered will have its Extended Warranty transferred automatically.
- You will receive your product shipped via the shipping option you chose and paid for - game on!
You will receive detailed emails at every step to instruct what must be done to continue. All Step-Up requests must go through this exact process, you may not purchase the new product and send your original product back for a refund afterward.